Materials needed for tagging:
white index cards
colored index cards (only use if you are donating unsold items to charity
MAILING LABELS (30 labels to a page, avery template 5160 or comparable)
safety pins (straight pins are prohibited)
clear packing tape
ziploc style bags
We will do the best we can to honor other consignment sale tags & consignor numbers
(provided the number you want to use is available,. When registering, there is an option to select a desired cosigner number)
Please place barcode labels on the front side of the index card.
A. If your other consignment sale card reads $10 then on 1/2 price day we will ring in the price as $5.
(even if your swp barcodes are coded NO DISCOUNT)
B. If your other consignment sale card card reads $10 X / No Discount then your item will remain full price on Discount day.
We prefer that the buyer/customer only looks on the front of the index card for price and discount/no discount .
It can become way too confusing for buyers if they have to look 2 different places for your discount preference.
If you want to use other consignment sale index cards... you must use the same discount mode for both sales.
How to price your items: Price reasonably. Overpriced items do not sell.
Leave the "X" off. Try letting your items go half price. You will sell more & have less to take home. Rule of thumb: price your items for approximately 30% of the price you paid for it.
Minimum price: $1 (you may use .50 increments)
Kid's Sale RED X: (optional)
I DO NOT want my item to sell for 1/2 price: place a red x above the price (order NO DISCOUNT barcodes) I want my item to sell for 1/2 price: leave the spot above the price blank (no red X) (order YES DISCOUNT barcodes)
ADULT SALE: Use “ YES DISCOUNT” barcodes
You want your items to discount during half price & the last day 75% off.
At the end of the adult sale, we always have a HUGE truck load of clothing for donation.
Over half of the donations are marked with a red X on the tag.
A red X means NO DISCOUNT. If you are going to donate your unsold items or you don't think you want them back or you have no intention of picking up your unsold items.... leave off the X, this way it will sell. YOU MUST ORDER YES DISCOUNT BARCODES!
You do have the option of letting your items discount on discount days or having them remain full price for the entire sale when ordering barcodes.... we simply recommend letting your items discount.
We want as much stuff to sell as possible, it makes breakdown easier on everyone.
* DO NOT use safety pins on items where the pin could damage the material:
(leather, silk, satin, athletic shirts (Under Armour type material) anything that will pick or leave a hole)
* PLEASE attach the card to the tag on the inside of the clothing. If there is no tag, gently attach to the armpit area.
* Hang all clothing items on hangers with the hook facing left
(the top of the hanger will look like a "?")
* Pin the tag to the upper right side of the clothing (over the heart)
* Be sure the clothing will not fall off the hanger
(please secure clothes to hangers w/ safety pins only if needed, do not over-pin)
* PANTS - Kid's Sale: DO NOT fold pants over the bottom of the hanger safety pin pants and skirts to hangers by the waistband (at the top angles of the hanger- not the bottom)
* PANTS - Adult Sale: fold pants over the bottom of the hanger or use pants hangers
(DO NOT Safety Pin Adult pants to the hanger! FOLD THEM OVER THE HANGER!
* If you are using more than 1 hanger for 2 & 3 piece outfits, please gather & secure all hangers w/ a rubber band
All shoes will need to be securely fastened together w/ your card attached to the tie or shoes (cable zip-tie, twist-tie,)
DO NOT poke a hole in the shoe with a safety pin. Get creative.
Use cheap ribbon to run inside buckles on shoes. please don't damage the shoes.
(bring us your BEST 6 PAIRS)
* Secure tags to large items w/ clear masking tape
* Place index card inside a ziploc - then attach the ziploc to toys / shoes / big items.
(this will keep the tag from being destroyed or torn from the item)
* Place small items together in zip lock bag (attach tag to the outside using clear packing tape)
* Equipment & large items need to be fully assembled & clean at drop-off
* All TOYS must have batteries that WORK (no one will buy an item if they aren't sure it works)
ALL ITEMS MUST BE "FREE" OF ANY RECALL. Please verify ALL TOYS by going to www.cpsc.gov
ANY ITEMS THAT ARE FOUND ON ANY RECALL LIST WILL BE DISPOSED OF.
We are not responsible if you use the wrong consigner #, no consigner number, fail to price your items or if you tag your items incorrectly and your consigner # or price is damaged at checkout.